Apply to Join our Team!
We are hiring dock attendants for the 2017 season. Are you outgoing, hardworking and looking for a job outdoors? Dock attendant duties include:
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Assists customers while mooring/departing slips.
- Perform fueling and pump out duties.
- Routinely participates in clean-up activities at marina and adjoining areas to include the offices, docks, bathrooms, fish cleaning station and other marina facilities.
- Responsible for re-stocking of fuel dock supplies and maintenance of docks.
- Work with Ship’s Store employees on kayak, stand up paddle board and bicycle rentals. Launch kayaks and stand up paddle boards. Explain safe use procedures. Following rental check equipment for damage or repairs needed. Return rental equipment to storage location.
- Knowledgeable of marine emergency and spill response procedures.
- Understand and adhere to marina policies regarding fueling, spillage and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains workboats/vehicles and equipment as required.
- Routinely monitors marina property for safety and cleanliness.
- Responsible for meeting and greeting transient boat owners as they enter the marina; assist with docking, assignment of slip space, check-in procedures; provide assistance with power and water hook ups, or any other related matter necessary to exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Be knowledgeable of local resources such as restaurants, museums, stores etc. to provide answers to customer questions.
- May perform light cashiering or clerical duties.
Please note the Manitowoc Marina is open 7 days a week and this job will require working weekends. The job is outdoors and you will be exposed to all kinds of weather. This is a physical job. Because of the requirements to fuel vessels and work with various cleaning compounds, individuals should not be overly sensitive, or allergic, to fuel or to the cleaning compounds normally associated with a marina operation.